Thursday, June 13, 2013

Radio Pakistan and curiosity

Long time before, I was very fond of radio, like my father, he still keeps radio near to his bed. Baba always used to tune Radio Pakistan Hyderabad.
 I had many curious questions regarding the radio. How they broadcast? Imagining the building and machinery of broadcasting, how people would be there? And so on…
As time passes it takes way some curiosities and questions too. I don’t know my sudden decision of doing internship in Radio Pakistan would recall the childhood questions and that chance of learning will become the chance to get the answers.
A building I have seen a lot times but nothing happened to go inside. But just 3 days before radio Pakistan’s gate was open like the arm, waiting for embracing me!
Pacing few steps just inside the station I saw an inaugurating marble just outside the studios and office building. “Field Marshall Ayub Khan” was very gently carved on it and year was 1962.
An old building has old time switches, the old paintings in the committee hall and a series of studios, centrally air conditioned. Old console, Ampex recording machines and old tapes, records and amplifier all were attracting and were placing there.
I was feeling that I have been in 70’s while observing the stuff around me there but some desktops computers in the studios were bringing me back in presence.    
I saw old aged technicians who were seen very expert with their tapes and old recording machine.
I saw studios where programs are recorded by the producers and the main studio of live streaming where voice on airs and recorded programs too goes on air, operator was an old aged thin man.         
Media learning is no doubt a joyful job. Media works is not like the boring jobs but electronic media itself an enjoyment if person has interest. Fortunately I have vast interest in the media.
  So I am enjoying the radio! And I have gotten the questions of my childhood!
 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment